Art always feeds my heart.
Especially in times like these – nurturing is essential.
As I love to make lists, here’s one of inspirational content for the melancholic but hopeful autumn-heart:
- AVEC – Heaven / Hell The upper-austrian singer-songwriter AVEC just released her new album and it is beautiful.
favourite songs from the record:
- Schmieds Puls – MANIC ACID LOVE
- Superior (F*** you)
Probably the most beautiful “Fuck you” ever sung and my personal empowerment-feminist-theme-song at the moment.
- Schmieds Puls – Don’t love me like that(side note: It’s so nice to see more and more female artists becoming visible in the austrian music scene.)
- Schmieds Puls – The Plan
- Superior (F*** you)
- Fémina – Brillando
These argentine ladies just do not cease to impress me. New Single with electronic vibes:
- Camille Saint-Saëns – Mon cœur s’ouvre à ta voix (Piano Version) What a title.
- Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky – Waltz of the Flowers. There are days when just this waltz can describe how I feel. And I am dancing through the streets of Vienna..
- Soap & Skin – Heal
Anja Plaschg, musical genius. Fear used to be near here, but won’t anymore.
- Natalia Lafourcade – NPR Tiny Desk Concert
It always makes me happy to watch Natalia perform.
More music: Herbstherz 2018 – Playlist
- Julia Korbik – Oh, Simone! Warum wir Beauvoir wiederentdecken sollten.
Deals with why Simone de Beauvoir’s work and ideas are still relevant today,
but also shows that she too was not infallible.
- Rupi Kaur – the sun and her flowers
Her poetry. Always.
- an.schläge – the feminist magazine. the austrian government cut subsidies for the feminst magazine “an.schläge”. You can support their work and ensure the survival of the magazine by subscribing to it: https://www.anschlaege.at/feminismus/abonnieren/
- Magdalena Mittermüller (Literarurverein Trapez) – Sammelband II
On November 9th, the second volume of the literature group “Trapez” will be published by facultas. Very much looking forward to it!
- Tarde Para Morir Joven
from the chilean director Dominga Sotomayor
Words, Words, Words:
“Everyone knows it’s going to hurt –
but at least we get hurt trying.”
Let everything happen to you, beauty and terror, just keep going. No feeling is final.
-Rainer Maria Rilke
“Those who do not move, do not notice their chains.”
“On the day when it will be possible for woman to love not in her weakness but in strength, not to escape herself but to find herself, not to abase herself but to assert herself – on that day love will become for her, as for man, a source of life and not of mortal danger. In the meantime, love represents in its most touching form the curse that lies heavily upon woman confined in the feminine universe, woman mutilated, insufficient unto herself.”
-Simone de Beauvoir
You can release the past by loving it.
Music is essentially twelve notes between any octave. Twelve notes and the octave repeats. It’s the same story told over and over, forever. All any artist can offer the world is how they see those twelve notes. That’s it.
-from the movie “A Star is Born”
cover photo: W. Mittermüller